As a visitor to the techlockdown.com website
The privacy of our website visitors is important to us so we do not track any individual people.
As a visitor to the techlockdown.com website:
- No personal information is collected
- No information such as cookies is stored in the browser
- No information is shared with, sent to or sold to third-parties
- No information is shared with advertising companies
- No information is mined and harvested for personal and behavioral trends
- No information is monetized
We run the Tech Lockdown Analytics and Cloudflare Web Analytics scripts to collect some anonymous usage data for statistical purposes. The goal is to track overall trends in our website traffic, it is not to track individual visitors. All the data is in aggregate only. No personal data is collected.
Data collected includes referral sources, top pages, visit duration, information from the devices (device type, operating system, country and browser) used during the visit and more.
As a customer and subscriber of Tech Lockdown
Our guiding principle is to collect only what we need and that we will solely process this information to provide you with the service you signed up for. We use a select number of trusted external service providers for certain service offerings. These service providers are carefully selected and meet high data protection, data privacy and security standards. We only share information with them that is required for the services offered and we contractually bind them to keep any information we share with them as confidential and to process personal data only according to our instructions.
What we collect and what we use it for
- If you reach out to us for support by emailing us at [email protected], we keep that correspondence, which includes the email address and customer name, so that we have a history of past correspondences to reference if you reach out in the future. We use this data solely in connection with answering the queries we receive.
- If you reach out to us for support by using our support forms, we keep that correspondence, which includes the email address and additional debugging information, such as your IP address, account information, and browser information. Collecting this information helps us quickly diagnose issues so that we can provide better support. For example, knowning your IP address type helps us determine if your network configuration would conflict with DNS Filter. We use this data solely in connection with answering the queries we receive.
- For some feature releases, we may ask you to opt-in to a beta program. If you choose to opt in, we will collect information about your account and device to help us identify issues with the beta feature. This information may include your user ID, IP address, and browser information. We use this data solely in connection with answering the queries we receive.
Retention of data
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the services or as otherwise set forth in this policy.
We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect Tech Lockdown’s legal rights.
You can choose to delete your Tech Lockdown account at any time by emailing [email protected].
Changes and questions
We may update this policy as needed to comply with relevant regulations and reflect any new practices. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will also announce them on our company blog.
Last updated: July 26, 2023